£50,000 - £65,000 + Bonus + Complete package
* Senior Building Surveyor – Commercial
* Up to £65,000 + Bonus + Complete package
* Global Real Estate Consultancy
* London – City or West End
Expand your experience in the commercial sector as a Senior Building Surveyor within the globally recognised real estate consultancy. Excellent opportunities for further progression.
One of the best known commercial property and real estate consultants globally, our client has around 550 staff in London as well as numerous staff and offices around the world.
Offering a huge variety of services across many sectors this role is specifically within the Building Consultancy division based in London.
Despite the size of the company, everyone is treated as an individual. Roles are designed around an individuals attributes and skills, as well as their future needs, with excellent opportunities for progression.They look after their staff in a number of ways, including flexibility and hence have excellent staff retention.
As part of their continued growth plans they are now recruiting for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor in their City or West End London offices.
- The successful applicant will be a Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)
- You will ideally have 1-3 years post-qualification experience predominantly in the commercial sector
- You will be self motivated and able to demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own workload and actions
- You will be methodical, diligent and well organised with an ability to take on heavy workloads at busy times
- You will have the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, as well as having good commercial awareness
- You will be tenacious, results orientated and have the ability to build and develop relationships quickly and successfully
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Commercial Building Surveying services to include;
- Due Diligence: Acquisition surveys and due diligence investigations on offices, industrial units, and retail properties
- Construction Monitoring: Construction monitoring services on behalf of funders or developers to assess the specification, quality, cost, programme, and compliance, with the client’s specific requirements
- Contract Administration: Contract administration of repair, maintenance and refurbishment works on commercial properties (industrial, office and retail) to ensure that the process is planned, designed and managed with the aim of keeping the project within programme and budget
- Planned Preventative Maintenance: Preparation of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules
- Dilapidations and Exit Strategy: Providing expert advise in all Dilapidations matters. These include;
Preparation of Interim and Terminal Schedules
Negotiating settlements on behalf of both Landlords and Tenants
Break Clause advise
Exit Strategy and Recommendations
Contract Administration of works
- Fire Insurance Cost Assessments: Carry out measured surveys and prepare Fire Insurance (Reinstatement) Cost Assessments in readiness for insurance renewal programmes
- Party Walls (previous experience not essential): Provide guidance and advice on all Party Wall related matters and act for both freeholders and leaseholders. Advise on likely Party Wall related issues, how the Party Wall Act is applied, related works required and the likely consultancy costs involved
- Other Services will include; Sustainability, expert witness, feasibility studies, service charge advice, approval of tenants’ plans, and building pathology investigations
Salary & Package:
Our client is happy to offer a salary between £50,000 – £65,000 + Bonus + package.
To discuss your options in complete confidentiality, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on this page.