Become the latest member of this established and highly recognised, privately-owned house builder. Renowned as a fantastic place to work, you will work as a Quantity Surveyor on diverse housing projects that you can be proud of.
With over 20 years Heritage in and around Hampshire this family-owned House Builder has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and is now adding a new member to it’s commercial team in Southampton, Hampshire.
With potential for progression to a senior position this is a great opportunity within this stable established firm.
- The successful applicant will hold a degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- You will have proven experience in the residential house building sector.
- You will have the confidence, experience and personality required to run you own sites.
- You will be fully computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Tender enquiries to Sub-Contractors
- Searching for and assessing potential new Sub-Contractors
- Analysing tender returns and comparisons, with an aim to ensuring packages are let with minimum risk to the Company.
- Agreeing & producing stage payments/contract breakdown
- Producing budgets
- Reviewing & reporting on a regular basis on the financial performance of each project
- Liaison and good communication with the Site Management Team – on a day-to-day basis
- Close liaison with the Technical Team & other departments
- Conversant with the requirements of Code For Sustainable Homes, Building Regs, Social
- Housing requirements/contracts, Secure By Design and other design standards.
- Producing Sub-Contracts & associated documents.
- Understanding the importance of Cost Coding and accurate reporting
- Helping the Company grow by having an input into new processes/procedures (along with the implementation)
- Close liaison with the Buying Team regarding cost & materials selection and optional procurement paths
- Understanding of planning requirements and restrictions.
Salary & Package:
With a focus on the right person for the role our client is happy to offer a competitive salary of £60,000 plus package.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about this role, please apply with your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01243 933 263.
If this isn’t the right Surveyor job for you, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has numerous clients with Quantity Surveyor jobs across London and the South East.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists