Circa £26,000 + training + progression + future global travel + pension etc
* Graduate Quantity Surveyor
* Circa £26,000 + training + progression + future global travel + pension etc
* Unique workload
* Midhurst, West Sussex
An exciting opportunity to join a unique company as a Graduate Quantity Surveyor, working alongside a friendly team on a diverse workload from their offices in Midhurst, West Sussex. Accelerated learning, future global travel and great progression opportunities within a genuine team environment.
With 7 offices across the UK, Midhurst is their head office and houses a team of 15 professionals across Quantity Surveying, Project Management and Accounts. They have a diverse range of clients, with this particular team focused on The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (worldwide).
They pride themselves on creating a fun and friendly work environment and a Quantity Surveyor who recently joined them stated that “7.5 weeks in and I’m loving every minute of it. My whole work life has changed and I cannot believe I put up with my old job for so long!”
The work is challenging and diverse, offering a much broader scope of work than many other companies. The company is a dynamic and friendly workplace with a real team atmosphere, in a relaxed yet professional work environment. Everyone is important and there is a friendly can-do attitude across the motivated workforce, ensuring that everyone pulls together.
With growth continuing across all offices this client is now recruiting for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their head office in Midhurst, West Sussex.
Person Specification – Graduate Quantity Surveyor:
- The successful Graduate Quantity Surveyor will hold an HND or RICS accredited degree in Quantity Surveying or similar technical discipline
- You will be ambitious and motivated
- You will have good communication skills, you will be competent and willing to learn
- You may have experience across general construction projects, preferably in a number of sectors
- On selection you would have to pass SC security clearance and a safe+ training course, ensuring that you are capable of working alongside close protection teams
- This is not a 9-5 Mon-Fri job but they are not a company of clock watchers, they are a friendly and motivated company who treat staff like adults
- There will be opportunities for global travel in the future.
Roles & Responsibilities – Graduate Quantity Surveyor:
Working alongside the Quantity Surveyor the roles and responsibilities for this Graduate Quantity Surveyor role will include but not be limited to: –
- To agree terms and conditions of subcontractors and incorporate within documentation to forward direct to subcontractor
- To coordinate and manage the selection of subcontractors (working closely with the Project Manager) for tender enquiries ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and duration
- To coordinate subcontractor tender responses and provide full comparisons of all quotes vs. the tender allowances, showing a best price, further negotiation to provide the best possible price and the buy-in of the operations team
- To place and coordinate the placement by others of subcontractor orders to an agreed set of terms and actively participate in engaging the subcontractor in the pre-contract handover with the operations team
- To produce or have produced valuation breakdowns in an agreed format to maximise cash flow and to keep the Accounts Department informed at all times
- To be responsible for chasing valuations, certificates, invoices and cash from clients to hit the required cash flow targets
- To ensure that all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these
- To ensure that all appropriate Certificates of Practical and Partial Completion are timely collected and utilised in releasing retentions
- To present the final account as soon as possible after practical completion and present financial appraisals continually as the works progress always driving to maximise the rightful valuation of the works
- To coordinate and produce claims for accelerations, loss and expense as required for submission when required
- To own the project profitability whether involved directly or through a direct line report
- Take ownership for contractual issues that may arise both directly and through direct line reports
- Instructions range from £10,000 to £3million and no job is the same.
Salary & Package – Graduate Quantity Surveyor:
Our client is offering a salary of Circa. £26,000 dependent on experience + training + progression + pension + laptop + phone etc for this Graduate Quantity Surveyor role
Further training will be provided alongside a structured training/development plan
APPLY – Graduate Quantity Surveyor:
To discuss your options in complete confidentiality, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on this page.
Graduate Quantity Surveyor Jobs from HD Surveyors