£35,000 - £40,000 + healthcare + 5% pension + flex/remote working + progression
- Building Surveyor
- £35,000 – £40,000 + healthcare + 5% pension + flex/remote working + progression
- Multi-disciplinary Consultancy
- Colchester, Essex
Great opportunity for a Building Surveyor experienced in the Education sector to take up a project focussed role within this multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Our client is a multidisciplinary building consultancy, providing a full range of professional services within various industry sectors, including; commercial, healthcare, education, residential and community.
With a strong focus on their staff they have created a working environment that is highly condusive to learning and development making them an excellent platform for progression. They are also happy to offer flexible and remote working where possible.
In this new role for a Building Surveyor you will join their Education team based out of their office in Colchester Essex.
Person Specification – Building Surveyor
- The successful applicant will hold a degree in Building Surveying or equivilent qualification
- You will be Chartered or on your way to getting Chartered
- You will have strong project management experience
- You will have proven experience in the Education sector
- You will have proven experience with NBS Specifiation writing, MS Project programmes and AutoCAD
Roles & Responsibilities – Building Surveyor
The successful applicant will be able to deliver, design, develop, plan, co-ordinate, supervise and project manage building schemes.
- Help prepare specifications and documents to enable projects to be tendered and to gain accurate costs from contractors.
- Assist in preparation of any necessary building regulation or planning applications and monitor and deal with as necessary through discussions with the necessary authorities.
- Draw, design and specify varying sizes of projects.
- Assessment of tenders and make recommendations to clients.
- Chair and minute Project Progress Meetings.
- Deliver all administration of the construction contract.
- Control expenditure and ensure that schemes are completed within budget/on time.
- Negotiate and settle final accounts with Contractors.
- Complete tasks as assigned by the team leader.
- Meet annual and monthly fee targets as directed by the Office Partner.
Salary & Package – Building Surveyor
Our client is offering a salary of £35,000 – £40,000 per annum depending on your level of experience, along with the following package:
- Pension – 5% Employee pension contribution. Done through salary sacrifice so more tax efficient.
- Private Healthcare
- Great office team building events and fully expenses Christmas celebration, along with opportunities to meet colleagues from across the Practice at a summer social event
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a supportive environment
- Opportunities for flexible and remote working – we understand a work life balance helps us all
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement with long service recognition and Christmas shutdown
- Early Finish incentives when the Practice targets are hit
APPLY – Building Surveyor
To discuss this opportunity in confidence, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – email@example.com or apply on this page.
Building Surveyor Jobs from HD Surveyors