Up to £30,000 package + Benefits
Improve your work-life balance by taking this great chance to work with a residential developer, without the developer working environment.
Our client is the development arm of a Housing Association, with residential projects in portsmouth and across Hampshire.
Along with a competitive package, our client steps away from the working environment of a typical developer or national house builder and ensure that there staff develop a good work/life balance.
Leading the way in quality, health & safety, environmental sustainability, and corporate responsibility, our client likes to differentiate their business from their competitors.
With one staff member relocating overseas and 2 new projects starting in the centre of Portsmouth, our client is now recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their development team in Portsmouth and assist with the Financial and Contractual Management of mixed new-build housing projects from pricing through to completion and final accounts, including Cost Planning, Procurement, Cost Control and Supplier management.
The successful applicant must:
- Hold a relevant Degree/HNC or equivalent (in quantity surveying or construction)
- Have proven experience and able to showcase up to 2 years experience of working in a contracting and/or developer background
- Have proven knowledge of procurement
- Hold a valid Construction Skills Certification Scheme card to Manager (or equivalent) level
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To plan and manage the budget of specific projects.
- Provide construction Contract advice and ensure appropriate contracts in place.
- To work with the Site Manager and site management to ensure that the project and any phased handovers are completed within the agreed timetable.
- Producing trade package enquiries in accordance with the project programme, Employers Requirements, specifications and drawings.
- Preparing budget cost plans for submission to the client.
- Negotiating, and drafting subcontract package agreements
- Interim and final subcontract payments
- Placing orders for materials for labour-only subcontracts
- Authorising payments for materials
- Producing cost / value reconciliations as required
- Producing interim valuations and final accounts for issue to the client
- Ensuring that the costs of the project do not exceed the agreed budget and that the project equals or exceeds the agreed profit margin; maintaining accurate reporting and excellent internal and external communication.
- To work with site management for them to ensure compliance with the terms of Subcontract Agreements, Main Contracts and Employers Requirements.
- To ensure the highest standards of safety, health and welfare of all those working on site, visitors and the general public.
Salary & Package:
Our client is offering a salary of up to c. £30,000 per annum (incl. car allowance) depending on your level of experience, along with the following package:
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Paid sick leave
- Tax-free childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance programme for confidential advice, counselling, and guidance
- Corporate gym memberships
- Tax-free Cycle to Work scheme
- Free eye care tests and contribution to glasses
- Wholesale membership
- Life assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
Alongside this generous package our client also offers a number of soft benefits to keep their staff happy!
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Recognition awards
- Long-service awards
- Reimbursement of professional fees
- Corporate team away days
- ‘Lunch & learn’ training sessions
- First line managers programme
- Management development programme
- E-learning training courses
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about the role please apply with your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01243 933 263.
If this isn’t the right Surveyor job for you, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has numerous clients with Assistant Quantity Surveyor jobs across Hampshire.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists