Our client is a construction and surveying consultancy specialising in all areas of quantity surveying, building surveying and design, including related professional services such as project safety, party wall matters, energy and environmental matters and expert witness.
Their work profile is varied in all disciplines – local authority, schools, commercial, private clients, housing associations.
They are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for their office in Buckinghamshire.
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Quantity Surveyor
– Ability to complete roles & responsibilities as outlined above
– Qualified to BSc level or similar
– Ability to work under own initiative
Role & Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be a Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. This is a varied role which will allow you to expand your experience and duties will include:
– preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
– undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
– assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
– performing risk, value management and cost control;
– advising on procurement strategy;
– identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
– preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
– allocating work to subcontractors;
– providing advice on contractual claims;
– analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
– valuing completed work and arranging payments;
– maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
– understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
You will also undertake work for contractors in the form of builders’ quantity estimates and employer’s agent role.
Salary & Package:
Salary will be dependent on experience.
If you have the required skills and experience for this job and you would like to learn more about the role please don’t hesitate to apply with an updated copy of your CV.
If this isn’t the right job for you, don’t hesitate, call us with your requirements. HD Surveyors has numerous clients with Building Surveying jobs across Buckinghamshire.
HD Surveyors – Your Surveying Recruitment Specialists