Circa. £45,000 + £6,000 Car allowance + Pension
* Chartered Building Surveyor – Client-Side
* Circa. £45,000 + £6,000 Car allowance + Pension
* Birmingham HQ – Field based
This is a client-side opportunity with a well-known British high-street retailer. Overseeing the proactive programme of external and internal repair and refurbishment schemes, you will be responsible for covering the project and professional work for their portfolio across the UK.
With over 280 offices and retail outlets across the UK, this well-known British high street retailer is keen to secure a Chatered Building Surveyor to join their property and maintenance division based out of Birmingham.
Working across the UK, you will oversee a proactive programme of external and internal repair and refurbishment schemes, ensuring that the company’s estate is fit for purpose and complies with relevant legislations. You will ensure that all project works are undertaken safely, in line with the budget and timescales and meet the required business standards. You will develop a cohesive approach to proactively manage and maintain the company’s estate.
Due to the field-based nature of this role you will be based from the companies offices in Birmingham but will also be able to work from home or off-site when out of the area.
- Chartered Building Surveyor MRICS – (or working towards MRICS)
- Holds a Building Surveying degree or equivalent
- Proven Contract Administration experience
- Extensive knowledge of dilapidation management
- Knowledge of Party wall management
- Data analysis and reporting capability
- Ideally worked within a retail or similar industry
- Used to working in a mute-site environment (extensive travel)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supporting capital project works, dilapidations, acquisitions and disposals.
- Develop, oversee and administer annual programme of works.
- Develop detailed specifications and scope of works for repair programmes & capital works (generally using JCT forms of Contracts)
- Contract Administration / Project Managing repair & refurbishment programmes
- Supporting an extensive shop development programme to ensure that a holistic lifecycle approach is taken to capital investment with a focus on building fabric.
- Ensure estate is fit for purpose and identify where improvements can be made
- Ensuring the local delivery of revenue & capital works meets with all policies & standards set by company & is in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety plan, along legislative & legal obligations.
- Manage & oversee Party Wall schemes
- Oversee Landlords works, ensuring they are carried out safely and to the required high standard
- Negotiate dilapidation claims with Landlords
- Input strategically with technical advice to support the needs and growth of the business
- Contribute to the development of yearly budgets & 5 yearly rolling investment maintenance plans.
- Develop & prepare, monthly reports covering risks, progress, H&S and areas of significant activity to drive performance
- Escalate and flag issues as required
- Key stakeholder for the strategic plans and approach to dilapidations, estate management
- Work with external suppliers and consultants to drive innovation add value and deliver expectations within agreed SLA / KPI’s
- Produce capital expenditure requests and efficiently administer the subsequent orders and payments process.
- Manage the effective delivery of Planned Preventative Maintenance works & Fabric & Plant (small works) & be involved, where directed, in associated capital programmes.
- Manage dispute resolution for contracts at a local level
Salary & Package:
Our client is paying a salary of circa. £45,000 plus a company car/car allowance of £6,000 (dependant on experience and background).
To discuss your options in complete confidentiality, call Roger Dunning – 01243 933 263 / 07769 551846.
To apply please send your CV ASAP – firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on this page.